My husband's annoying habits ... how long have you got?!
1. Time keeping - or the lack of it! The man will be late for his own funeral. It doesn't matter how much I nag or cajole I can't get him to be on time. We have only shared a car to This Morning ONCE in all the years we've been working together - never again. I told him I'd be leaving at my usual time 6.45 - any later than that the traffic into London is a nightmare. Where was he at 6.45? In the BATH!!!!!!!
2. Remote Man - it's impossible to watch a whole programme uninterrupted with Eamonn because he's constantly channel hopping. He gets hold of that remote control and come hell or high water he hangs on to it! I'll be really enjoying a film but when I get a bit confused with the plot I realise it's because he's switched to another film!
3. Don't put down - put away! - Why do men find it almost impossible to tidy up? When Eamonn's finished making a sandwich the kitchen looks like we've been burgled! Butter still out with the lid off, bread not put back in the bread bin, ham left out curling at the edges and most of the kitchen cupboard doors & drawers left open. Now you know why I'm so territorial and don't let him in my kitchen very often!
4. Tip tappity tap - I am very "noise sensitive" so Eamonn's habit of tapping drives me insane! He taps his fingers on the car steering wheel throughout a journey, drums them on the side of the sofa when we're watching tv & taps the cutlery on the table when we're waiting to order in a restaurant. If there's something to tap he'll tap it - noisily! I've carried out extensive research amongst my friends on this one and it seems my husband is not the only man with this extremely irritating habit? Do you recognise the symptoms ?
5. Ignoring me! - Eamonn is a true "news hound" and because of that reads a lot of newspapers. He likes to do this sitting at the kitchen table and sometimes while we're eating. I don't begrudge him quiet time reading but if I try to talk to him about anything he just doesn't respond, which I think is extremely rude. When challenged (which is often) he claims he's heard every word and that he DID answer me. I have to explain to him that grunting doesn't count as conversation.
6. Mutton & Jeff - I'm sure my husband is going a little bit deaf. He has the volume on the television up SO loud that the astronauts at the Space Station can probably hear it! If I've gone to bed before him I can feel the surround sound pumping up from the sitting room underneath me as he enjoys yet another one of those Jean Claude Van Damme romps!
7. Green green grass of home - He's OBSESSED with the lawn! He inspects it daily, walking around with his hands behind his back and usually a frown on his face because it never meets with his approval. It's too wet, too dry, too thick, too sparse, too weedy and now we've got a dog, too many yellow patches! What annoys him more than all that though is that I don't give a damn!!
Leave a comment and let me know what your other half does to really get your goat!
Click here to make a comment